Kid who killed father over MySpace sentenced

Hughstan Schlicker

Hughstan Schlicker

Mesa teen in MySpace killing gets 20 years:

I don’t know how I missed this one since it happened last month.

Anyway Hughstan Schlicker, the Mesa, Arizona teen who killed his father with a shotgun when his access to MySpace was cut off, was sentenced to 20 years in prison last month. He was looking at 22 years on the charge of 2nd-degree murder.

Schlicker entered a guilty plea back in May.

H/Ts to David Lohr and Mr. A

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)
Appreciate my work? Please take a second to support me on Patreon!

15 thoughts on “Kid who killed father over MySpace sentenced

1. Angel

LOL. Laura, you are almost as pathetic as your brother. Now quit googling your brother’s name and go do your homework, before I tell your mommy you’re playing with the computer again.

2. laura schlicker &ampquo

im pathetic? okay! and for your infromation bitch i dont google shit. its all sent to me from family that care about the situation. sorry to see that you are a cold blooded bitch. and you can go ahead and tell my mother that i am on the fucking computer again bitch… but what you should no is that i bought it and i am a adult… i love it when ppl think that because what a fucking lawyer worte about what i said about my dad” suposablly ” is true that they can try to push me around……… fuck every one…… if this happened in your family you wouldnt be writing stupid shit… now would you? think about it!!

3. laura schlicker &ampquo

4. Chuck D.

Yeah, Angel’s just a cold-blooded bitch…as opposed to your loving, caring brother who shot your father – gasp! – in cold blood? Now go check in w/your probation officer, else you might have to do another year in jail.

Oh, and 18’s hardly an adult, not to mention your childish name-calling on this and other threads about the case doesn’t exactly have the ring of maturity…why not do something productive, instead of worrying what random netziens are saying about your little brother’s crime?

5. Soobs

LOL at Laura. Seems that the “anger” issues in that family are genetic. Maybe, as the “adult” sibling, you should have explained to your patricidal brother that MySpace isn’t real life, and not worth killing over.

6. Chuck D.

Very well said…should check out the East Valley Tribune, there’s an article from last year detailing her unsuccessful attempts to get Hughstan’s sentence reduced, as well as her own (“Sister of accused teen killer says dad beat her”), I think you’ll find it fascinating.

7. brittany

well said chuck.
    like i said before,
    i love my siblings but if they shot one of my
    parents i’d be pissed. Especially
    over something so dumb like myspace.

8. Sarah

WOW, ANGEL IS RIGHT HE SHOULD OF SHOT HIMSELF. YOU NEED HELP IF YOU COULD KILL YOUR OWN FATHER OVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS. AND HOW COULD YOU STICK UP FOR HIM HE NEEDS A MAJOR MENTAL EVALUATION!

9. Angel

LOL at Laura again. The more she writes, the less intelligent she makes herself look. How does that saying go?……”It’s better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak, and remove all doubt.” Not an exact quote, but you get the meaning, I’m sure.

Laura, if you are going to continue to post, you may want to invest in a good spell-check program. It might help your credibility some…not much, probably (considering the grammar and syntax errors as well), but every little bit helps….I must say though, I am quite impressed with your ability to use multiple swear words in each sentence. That must have taken a lot of practice.

10. Soobs

Hmm….looking at the East Valley Tribune article from last year that was mentioned.
    Quoting –
    “Mullins wrote the memorandum to provide background on Schlicker in an attempt to gain a more lenient sentence for theft and possession of drug paraphernalia convictions.”

“A probation officer cautioned the court in writing that Laurajean Schlicker has proved to be dishonest and manipulative.

Mullins said her client&rsquos allegations couldn&rsquot be corroborated in the short time before her sentencing. Laurajean Schlicker, who is serving a one-year prison sentence, declined to comment for this story.”

“Court records show CPS took custody of Laurajean on Dec. 2, 2004, when she was 15. ”

“Juvenile court records show that authorities referred her 12 times for various criminal charges from 2002 until 2006, and her parents attended each court appearance and were involved in her rehabilitation.”

Laura, Laura….hard to take anything you say seriously, given your past behavioral history.

11. Chuck D.

My feelings exactly…if Ted Schlicker was so abusive, why did he have such an active interest in getting his daughter’s life straightened out?